How can I add multiple attachment filed in the screen under issue type.?

Mohin Uddin July 4, 2013

Hi Expert,

How can I add multiple attachment filed in the screen under issue type?

Could you please inform me regarding this issue?

Thanks

Mohin

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2013

You can't.

Jira's attachment functions are very simple, and it's not really a "field". The "field" you see is simply a placeholder that lets you talk to the list of attachments for an issue.

Even if you could add more than one "field", there's no functionality for holding attachments differently or separately, they all go in the same place.

2 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2013

I am not sure I understand your question correctly. If you want to attach multiple files to an issue, you only need 1 attachment field to perform this. When following the link, you should be able selecting multiple files from within the same folder (hold Ctrl and click all files you want to attach) or navigate to the field more than once in case you require to attach files from multiple location.

If you want to differentiate screens between issue types, I would advice you to have a look at this and subsequent documentation regarding fields, screen and the schemes related to them.

1 vote
David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2017

By default, Jira does not allow you to split the attachments in fields. For that, you will need to use a Jira app, for instance the Apwide File Field.

0 votes
shiri_naftali June 21, 2015

I need 2 different field on the same issue - when we costume the field we can add tabs, I need one in each tab (its different attachment type one is picture and one is office file) - how we can do it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2015

Same answer as before.

David Berclaz
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2017

Hello Shiri, you can use the Apwide File Field Jira App.

0 votes
Mohin Uddin July 4, 2013

Actually I would like add four different kinds of fields and each filed will be associate an attachment filed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 4, 2013

My original answer still stands - attachments on an issue are a flat list.

The attachments "field" does not hold any data, it's a placeholder for you to access the list of attachments.

So you can't have 4 fields, and even if you did, they'd all do exactly the same thing and land in the same simple list of attachments.

mozhde.a October 2, 2016

Exactly I have got the same problem. Has it solved? if yes I would be grateful if you could help me

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2016

It has not changed.

mozhde.a October 2, 2016

what about "Smart Attachment"?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 2, 2016

I don't know what that is. 

David Skreiner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2016

"Smart Attachments" is yet another commercial JIRA plugin. 

From a quick glance, the plugin promises some interoperability with MS Office, but the description doesn't say "use multiple attachment fields on the same issue" so I doubt it'll do more than modify the Atlassian attachment thing.

So the answer that Nic Brough has given four times in this thread seems to be absolutely correct: You can only have one attachment field per issue.

Suggest an answer