Has anyone used Jira with Travis CI for deployment integration?

Matthew O'Neill March 13, 2014

Hey,

We've noticed some people mentioning Bamboo not working great with RubyonRails.

We currently have a full CI setup with https://travis-ci.org/and ideally would keep that but integrate it into Jira with the same integration level as Bamboo.

Migrating to Bamboo isn't ideal as we prefer the server management Travis does, and Travis works very well with server-side RoR testing.

I couldn't see any plugins or mention of such an integration anywhere.

Anyone out there using Jira with Travis CI?

Cheers,
Matt

6 answers

0 votes
Matthew O'Neill February 2, 2016

Hey ya'll 

We didn't find a workable solution to this when we were looking back in early 2014. Basically Bamboo was a pain with Ruby and JS, and neither JIRA or the marketplace had any integrations available for Travis. I'm not sure if it's changed since then.

We trialled JIRA for a short while but then went back to using Pivotal Tracker and Travis. 

Now we use Aha for product management, linked into Pivotal Tracker for team/development workflow, and Travis. It's working really well for us.

Cheers,
Matt 

0 votes
ramesh babu February 1, 2016

Does anyone work on this approach? Could you please help us?

0 votes
Paul G. Joseph January 22, 2016

Yes, I too would like to use JIRA with TravisCI and would like to have a view from JIRA into Travis (and the reverse!).  Would anyone have an update on this question?

0 votes
Nir Pengas January 5, 2016

I would challenge that. I've used Bamboo extensively with PHP and it has been working great. I am now evaluating Travis and how well it may or may not work with Jira.

0 votes
Matthew O'Neill June 19, 2014

Thanks dude, good to know!

0 votes
Mihai May 17, 2014

I can only confirm you that Bamboo is a pain for any language except java or python. Even on Java and Python their deployment feature is broken. It basically doesn't work. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-13588. That's only a bug but bamboo is full of such critical bugs. Things just don't work. Atlassian doesn't seem to care either

Suggest an answer