Has anyone imported Test execution details and results into xray for JIRA

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2017

We are moving from ALM to JIRA, we are using Xray plugin for Test Management.

Is there any way we can import Test execution details into JIRA?

1 answer

2 votes
Deleted user April 13, 2017

Hi Ashish,

Yes, we can import the test execution details/results into JIRA .

External execution results from either automated and manual Tests can be imported to JIRA. This operation may be done in two ways:

1. Manually, using the "Import Execution Results" (under more option on test execution view screen).  This will update current Test Execution issue with the results
2. Using the REST API to integrate with Continuous Integration (CI) platforms or other external execution processes. With this appraoch , you can specify an existing Test Execution issue in JIRA or, in case the Test Execution key is missing, Xray will create a new Test Execution issue based on the provided information.

For importing using the first solution (Import Execution Results)

Supported Import Formats:  Xray for JIRA supports two distinct JSON formats for importing execution results:

Cucumber JSON output format
JUnit XML output format
NUnit XML output format
Xray JSON format

Refer more information here : Import+Execution+Results

For importing using second solution (REST API) :

Test Executions may be created or updated using JIRA's native REST API, taking into consideration Xray's custom fields.
The authentication is based on JIRA's REST API authentication, so you can use HTTP basic authentication using some user credentials. It should also be possible to use other authentication methods such as cookie based or OAuth.

The following document clearly explains how we can import the results using REST API 

Import+Execution+Results+-+REST

Hope this information will help you!

Cheers

Swathi

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2017

Is there any posibility to import test execution using excel or csv format?

Like anishanayak likes this
Deleted user April 18, 2017

Hi Ashish,

As of now, there is no such possibility. A request has already been raised for this. You can start watching this request to receive notifications if this request is updated.

http://jira.xpand-addons.com/browse/XRAY-449

Thanks!

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2017

Thank you swathi.

Senthilkumar Ananthakrishnan April 3, 2019

Not sure if we have an option to map Nunit or Jmeter test scripts from xRAY. i understand importing test results back in to xray.

https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/public/XRAY/Integrating+with+Testing+Frameworks

Manu January 23, 2023

Hi There,

I tried nunit test result import but it is creating new test case in xray -jira,

I just want to update the existing test case result instead of creating new.

Locke October 2, 2023

I met same issue with @manoj Kumar

I can use xray API export the feature file to run the behave test. While after test, use xray API to import test result. it created a new ticket! It is supposed to be the same ticket where it is exported from.

curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST -H "Authorization: Bearer $token" --data @"data.json" https://xray.cloud.getxray.app/api/v2/import/execution/behave

Suggest an answer