Error when log in with LDAP authentication

Philippe Leménager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2012

Hello al.

I've marked [url=https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/90897/solved-ldap-internal-authentication]this question[/url] solved but after migration of users from Internal Jira Directory to Internal with LDAP authentication User Directory, no LDAP user can log in.

Maybe I've changed something somewhere in configuration but I can't find where is the mistake.

Error encountered by the user :

Sorry, an error occurred trying to log you in - please try again.

Error found in catalina.out :

2012-10-15 08:54:14,284 TP-Processor1 ERROR anonymous 534x141x1 1vn84ba [My PC IP address] /rest/gadget/1.0/login [crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] Directory 'LDAP Enfa' is not functional during authentication of '[my username]'. Skipped.
2012-10-15 08:54:14,284 TP-Processor1 ERROR anonymous 534x141x1 1vn84ba 172.26.3.20 /rest/gadget/1.0/login [jira.security.login.JiraSeraphAuthenticator] Error occurred while trying to authenticate user '[my username]'.

Caused by: org.springframework.ldap.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]; nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: [LDAP: error code 32 - No Such Object]; remaining name 'ou=[users group in LDAP],dc=[domain name],dc=local'

I've searched a lot on the Internet but can't find, or understand, a good solution to my problem.

Configuration of the Internal with LDAP authentication User Directory, called "LDAP Enfa" :

Directory Type : Open LDAP

Hostname : [LDAP server name].[domain].fr

Port : 389

Username : uid=[username for connection to LDAP server],ou=[users group in LDAP],dc=[domain name],dc=local

Password = [password for Username]

Copy User on Login : selected

Default Group Membership : GrpUtilisateurs,GrpEnfa <= these are internal Jira groups, no LDAP groups

Base DN : ou=[users group in LDAP],dc=[domain name],dc=local

User Name Attribute : uid

Additional User DN : [empty]

User Object Class : posixAccount

User Object Filter: (objectclass=posixAccount)

User Name RDN Attribute: uid

User First Name Attribute: givenName

User Last Name Attribute: sn

User Display Name Attribute: displayName

User Email Attribute: mail

Test settings is OK.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Philippe Leménager
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2012

System Administrators have migrate our LDAP server and the Username for connection to LDAP server from Jira was missing on the nex server !

Problem solved !

Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2012

Ah, there you go. Glad it works on your end now :)

0 votes
Thomas Hanrahan March 13, 2013

I ran in to a similar issue. I was able to fix it by adding the ldap .pem in to the java keystore for Jira.

Here are the instructions. Also do not for get to set your JAVA_HOME

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/Connecting+to+SSL+services#ConnectingtoSSLservices-Importthepublickey.

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2012

Hi Philippe,

The mentioned stack trace indicate that Confluence was not able to search the users on LDAP server using the current configuration. If you are sure that the above configuration is correct, you might want to double check if follow referral option is ticked.

For troubleshooting purposes, you might want to use Apache Studio to troubleshoot your issue. Use Confluence configuration to access your LDAP server using Apache Studio and see if you could search the user fine.

Also, you could use the following documentations for referral:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/LDAP+Error+Code+32
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/LDAP+Error+Code+32

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer