Edit Default Issue Navigator

Karrie Dash April 27, 2017

I want to remove the STATUS field option from the default issue navigator for a project for the CUSTOMER group because the customer's have their own custom status field. Is that possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

It's not going to happen - status is an integral part of JIRA, and hence is never going away.  You can't run an issue tracker without the fundamental information of "summary" and "status".

There are some tricks you might play with javascript or core hacking, but that status is going to come out everywhere.  Your customer's customfield, while it may be useful to them, is not a useful status, it's just a data point.

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

I beleive you can do this by switching to the "System" columns configuration seen in the "Columns" dropdown:

columns.PNG

Only admins should have this "System" option - if you make changes here, changes should be reflected for all users.

Thanks. I found the Columns option and removed Status from the drop down menu but it doesn't remove the filter from the Issue Navigator for all users.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2017

When in the Issue Navigator in List mode, you should see the dropdown on the right-hand side just before the list of issues begins.

columns_location.PNG

This is where I want to hide the Status filter:

ss.PNG

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2017

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood - thought you wanted to hide the column only. As far as I know, this is not possible. There's an open Suggestion with Atlassian, as well.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-31745

I also found this question, but it looks like it might require custom coding and there's no confirmation that it works (and it's four years old at this point).

Suggest an answer