[EazyBI] Arbitrary grouping dimension members

Jerome Renaud October 2, 2014

Hi All,

Simple question that puzzles me: I want to arbitrary group several dimension members (for example ticket reporters). I do it frequently with MS Excel, but I have absolutely no clues on how to do it with EazyBI and I failed finding it in the documentation.

Thank you for your help!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

Hi Jerome!

To group several dimension members you can use the Aggregate(set) MDX function in eazyBI dimension calculated members where you wish to group some members.

For example, if I would like to aggregate two reporters with JIRA user display names John and Anne, then the formula in Reporter dimension would be as follows

Aggregate({
  [Reporter].[Anne],
  [Reporter].[John]
})

Or you can also use the Filter for all dimension members and only find the ones that match some condition. See examples about reports using JIRA user groups.

Let me know if you have additional questions!
Lauma

Jerome Renaud October 2, 2014

Hi Lauma, Once again perfect answer :). Thanks for you quick and efficient help! Jerome

Dipti Kaushikkar October 9, 2015

A follow up question on this. How can I find out how many members belong to the above group created.

Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2015

Hi Dipti, To count how many users are in the Aggregated set you can use the Count function (https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/Count). For example the following would count how many users are in Assignee calculated member named 'Developer group' Count( ChildrenSet([Assignee].[Developer group]) ) Kind regards, Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer