Deleting Tickets

Sean Allen June 15, 2014

Is there a way to delete tickets in JIRA? We have a bunch of unwanted tickets "test tickets" from when we first got the system. Test tickets were sent to test the system, now we want to remove those from our system. Is there a way to do that?

2 answers

1 vote
Sean Allen June 15, 2014

Where would I go to find this out in JIRA? Is it under settings?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2014

Yes, check the permission scheme in the project.

You'll find there's a line that allows you to delete. Grant someone you trust that permission and they'll be able to delete from the project.

Things to bear in mind

1. You might want to allow them "bulk edit" global permission too if there's lots of them

2. Jira deletes are simple and remove the data from the database completely. No going back - the only undelete is "go get them from a backup tape"

3. I mean it about trusting your user to delete only the stuff they should ;-) Most sites restrict delete to the project admins, or even just system admins.

Sean Allen June 15, 2014

Where would I go in JIRA to find this? Is it under settings?

Nic Brough (Adaptavist) June 15, 2014

If you look at the project header/summary information, you'll find a reference to "permissions" where you'll be able to read who can do what. If you are a project admin, and the permissions already say something like "delete is allowed to role X", then you'll be able to add people into role X to allow them delete.

To change permissions, you'll need admin rights.

Like Yuliia.Lehostaieva likes this

Suggest an answer