Create a filter of issues reported by a particular group

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

I'd like to create filters that show me issues reqeusted/reported by a particular group. I envision it would be something like this:

Project = "System Issues" and reporter in group "CSG"

Obviously this particular bit of filtering isn't available in JQL. Is there anything I can do to get this result? I want to avoid having to specify each person in each group, as these change over time. This is what I DON'T want:

Project = "System Issues" and reporter in (mikem, cherrit, kates, etc)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

34 votes
Answer accepted
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

sometimes it just takes a few seonds of thought to figure something out. thankfully, the "simple" search has the group option, and when i flip to the advanced search to see the JQL, this is what i get:

project = ISSUE AND reporter in membersOf("Support Issue Group")

works like a charm.

Denis Couto October 25, 2019

Thanks for sharing! Worked for me as well!

0 votes
Chris McInnes January 8, 2014

Does anybody know of a way to use the same sort of query but rather than defining a specific team in the MembersOf Paramater, instead show all Issues where Reporter is in Current Users Team?

Ie, I would like a filter so a team can see each others current issues?

Donald Jones July 11, 2017

The problem here is that a user could be a member of multiple groups, so which group should such a query refer to?

Like josephwee likes this
Andrew Januszak August 8, 2018

Did you ever figure this out? I have the exact same question.

Like josephwee likes this
josephwee May 2, 2019

Same, would like to know if there is a way to do this?

Karl Lukan August 21, 2019

Can try something like

"Same security groups as user" in (currentUser()) ORDER BY created DESC

dxpcanada December 5, 2019

I have the same question

Suggest an answer