Cloning / Sprints

Vidhya GOWTHAM August 16, 2017

Hello ,

We have  5 sprints ,sprint 1 to sprint 5 .  presently we are in sprint 4 . i closed all the sprints sprint 1 ,sprint 2, sprint 3.    when we are cloning the tickets in sprint 4 ,   sprint 2 also automatically updating . is there any reson behind this ?

Thank you 

2 answers

0 votes

Yes Thomas, i tried to clone an issue with sprint values . That time also  not showing that 3 options.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

that's strange... which version of Jira do you have?

Like Jesse Wilson likes this

JIRA 7.1.4

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

that is the problem - this function was introduced in version 7.2

oh.. then what should i do now ? is there any other solution to hide the  closed sprints in the present sprint tickets ?

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

no, I don't know any easy solution for your Jira version. You can reopen a sprint and remove the cloned issue from the sprint. After that close the sprint again.

Or update your Jira server, which might be the better solution in the longer term.

Thank  you Thomas ,  will check 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

You're welcome, Vidhya.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

Hi Vidhya,

if you clone an issue, you decide, if the the sprint values should also be cloned:

image.png

If you check "Clone sprint values" - the clone will also be added to your old sprints.

Hello Thomas, 

I dont have that options like clone sprint values , clone sub-tasks , clone attachment. 

what should i do old sprints i.e closed sprints  not to be assigned to present sprint status  tickets? 

Thank you

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

what do you see, if you click on "Clone Issue" ?

image.png

Hello Thomas, 

i dont have options like your system . Please see image Capture.PNG

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

Do you try to clone an issue with Sprint values?

I've tested this also in my cloud testing environment and there I also get this field, if an issue has a sprint value:

image.png

If the issue has no sprint value, the field is not visible - as it is in your screenshot.

Suggest an answer