Can we turn off JIRA standard clone function?

Ian Renshaw October 9, 2012

Hi,

We love to use the clone plus function as we have a lot more control over the results. For example we have some fields that we do not want to get cloned which it handles very well. The problem is sometimes our users will use the basic JIRA clone function and these fields get cloned. We can't seem to control that so it leads to inconsitent and confussing results. Since clone plus gives us all the functionality is there a way to "turn off" the basic JIRA clone functionality?

Best Regards,

Ian

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

Hi Ian,

you can turn this off by disabeling a module of a system Plugin. Go to:

Administration > Plugins -> show system plugins -> issue operation plugin -> manage plugin modules -> View Issue Ops Bar Clone Link

(might be slightly different, depending on your JIRA version...)

Hope that helps? Cheers, David

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2012

David's answer is the best alternative. Another option is discussed in Disable the standard clone action

Shinjani Gaur March 6, 2014

In Jira 6.1.3 this is available via

• Administration > Add-ons -> Manage add-ons
  • Filter visible add-ons | System
  • Issue operation plugin -> manage plugin modules -> View Issue Ops Bar Clone Link
3 votes
Hung Nguyen February 3, 2016

Can we disable the Clone option for certain projects only ?

Shamith Shankar May 9, 2016

You can write a custom class to check for project key and add as a condition in system-issueoperations-plugin.xml

0 votes
Stefan Bittner June 30, 2016

I'm using the Add-On "Exocet" from Valiantys. They bring their own extended clone-function with it.

Now I want to disable the JIRA-Standard-cloning, because I don't want to have two cloning-functions in the "More Actions"-menu.

I tried the way above to disable the module in the System Add-On "Issue operation plugin"  but there is none in my JIRA 7.1.7.

What else can I do to disable the menu entry? 

Suggest an answer