Assignee field won't display on issues

Steve Gallant October 3, 2011

I'm having a problem that I'm sure is just some sort of setup issue. My assignee field won't display on the appropriate screen.

Pertinent info:

• My field configuration shows that the field should be appearing on the screen
  • When viewing the screen configuration, the field shows up in the list
  • All my issue types use the same configurations and workflow
  • I've tried removing all fields and replacing them again - this has worked on other fields, but not for assignee
  • This was also happening for Estimated Hours, however after I added Time Tracking as a field in addition to Estimated Hours, it appeared (ie - adding Estimated Hours only, did not display the field)
  • The assignee field did display previously. I removed it manually, but then reconsidered and needed to re-add it. This is when the field stopped appearing.

Any help would be appreciated here. I'm under the gun to get this set up properly and can't seem to figure this out.

Thanks a ton in advance,

Steve

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cory Sytsma October 3, 2011

If your login doesn't have Assign permissions for that Project, the Assignee field won't display. Check your Project Roles & Permissions.

Steve Gallant October 3, 2011

*sigh*

I knew it was going to be something simple. I guess it's better to exercise a little humility rather than bang your head against your desk.

Thanks for your help, csytsma. That was exactly the issue.

Like JP Fillion likes this

Oh, I've been there many times. Usually it's the customfield Contexts that get me.

0 votes

Check the Field Configuration for the Project/Issue Type, to make sure it isn't Hidden.

Suggest an answer