Any idea why my greenhopper rapid board isn't displaying all of my issues?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2012

I'm not saying they're missing, so much as they seem to be hidden. there's a bunch of white space in the middle of the page, but when i hover over it i get the mouse icon indicating that there's something there that can be moved, and i can drag the "hidden" issues wherever i want, but i still can't see them. I've tried in Chrome and FF.

If I can figure out how, I'll add a screenshot.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2012

It turns out that the issue is related to particular issues not having anything set for the "Priority" field. The rapid board requires a priority in order to be able to display the issues. Here's what I heard from atlassian support:

Hi Justin,

I was doing a bit of research and found these docs: Swinlane and Editing Swinmanes.

Swimlanes need the priority field. In this case, when you import issues from CSV files, make sure so set a priority to the issues you are importing.

I believe if you do that, you won't face any further issues like this one.

Let me know if I can help you further with anything else.

Kind Regards,
Clarissa Gautério
Atlassian Support

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2012

Most likely it is a javascript error on your side. Try and turn off ALL extensions in firefox except firebug and paste a copy of the javascript console when you refresh the page. See if it is showing any javascript issues

Also, listing the browser specific versions as well.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2012

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for (i'm not really familliar with firebug) but here's what i see under the "console" tab of firebug:

ajax : executing request for rapidBoardCompoundModel
com.py...mmon.js (line 2)
ui : GH.ControlChartController.hide
ui : GH.CFDController.hide
ui : GH.WorkController.show
ajax : executing request for rapidViewConfig
state : GH.RapidBoard.State.replaceState by setMode
state : GH.RapidBoard.UrlState.historyChanged state up to date
ajax : executing request for rapidBoardPoolModel
state : GH.RapidBoard.State.replaceState by initializeIssueSelection
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2012

Also, I'm using FF 9.0.1. I also see this issue in Chrome, using 16.0.912.75 m

0 votes
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2012

Justin,

There's no reason that should be happening. Are you using any user style-sheets or user scripts e.g. GreaseMonkey?

If not, could you please file a bug so we can take a look.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2012

The link you provided to file a bug doesn't seem to have an option to actually add anything.

I'm not using any user style-sheets or user scripts. Also, this is occuring on more than just my machine.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2012

Nevermind...I signed up for an account and was able to add a bug.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2012

the last comment on my bug was that it can't be reproduced. I've asked if there's any info i can provide to help and haven't heard anything. Is there something I can do to get some eyes on this again?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 25, 2012

this seems to be related to issues with sub-tasks and how they appear on the rapid board. I'm working with atlassian support to get a final answer, i'll update here when I do.

Suggest an answer