1 project with multiple boards, 1 independent sprint and sprint backlog per board

Cynthia Susairaj June 29, 2017

I need to setup 1 project with 2 boards(team A, team B).

Team B is a contractors only team. They should not be able to see all the issues in the Project but only the ones in their board. Board B filters out issues specific to a component.

How can I set this up for team B? From what im seeing I can have team B see a different board with their issues BUT i need to give them the overall Project access thereby giving them ability to see tickets in the Project Backlog. 

How can I avoid team B from seeing any tickets other than the ones in a particular component AND their Board B?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 30, 2017

Hi Cynthia,

The ability to see the issues on the board are regulated by the underlying project permissions.  You can restrict the visibility of the board so the two teams cannot see each other's boards as a work around.

Cheers,

Branden

Cynthia Susairaj June 30, 2017

Hi Branden,

I did setup as you have mentioned only that team B is unable to see the tickets in the board B because they dont have access to the Product backlog for the project. But if I do give team B access to project, then they are able to see board A and B , which i dont want.

is the only way to create a separate project for Team B since they are contractors? I would hate to have to maintain a separate backlog for team B.

Suggest an answer