Sending mail in a transaction

Ángela Alcoba June 9, 2017

I need in the same flow, in different transactions, to send in the first transaction an email with the data of a screen to a user (associated to a postfunctions) and in the second transaction send an email to another user. I configured it with "Notification Schemes" but the mails always arrive to the two people, without differentiating a user with the first transaction and the second user with the second transaction. How can I do this task?

Selección_476.png

4 answers

0 votes
Ángela Alcoba June 12, 2017

What I need to know is if I can add an email address in the notification system that does not belong to a Jira user. In the Notification Scheme add a new event and in Add notifications I chose the option Single email address, adding the email manually. Is this action possible? Because the mail does not reach the address that does not correspond to a user of Jira. Thank you very much! Regards, Angela

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

Does a "test" email arrive at that address ok?

Admin -> email servers -> test email

0 votes
Ángela Alcoba June 12, 2017

Good morning Nic, your response has been very useful and I have been able to correctly configure the mails. I just want to know if it is possible to send emails in this way but to a non-user. I have tried adding from "Single Email Address" but the mails do not arrive, I appreciate your help again. Regards, Angela

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2017

Set up a different notification scheme, with custom events.

You don't have to do quite like this, but I'll keep it simple and run over something aimed at showing you the principles.

Go to admin -> events. 

Add two new events, with names that are good for you (I'll call them E1 and E2)

Now go to the workflow and edit that

For the first transition, open the list of "post functions" and look for the one that says "fire event: <something>".  Edit that, and set the <something> to E1

For the second transition, open the list of "post functions" and look for the one that says "fire event: <something>".  Edit that, and set the <something> to E2

Publish the draft of the workflow

Finally, go back to the notification scheme.  At the bottom, you should see E1 and E2 are listed.  Put the different users in to be notified separately.

Suggest an answer