Unable to reset my password

aakash kumar June 9, 2017

A request has been received to reset your password. --------------------------------------------------------------------- This user account is managed in an external User Directory and JIRA is not able to update your password. Please contact your System Administrator if you have any further queries. Here are the details of your account: --------------------------------------------------------------------- Username: My id Email: aakash.kumar@xxxxxxxx.com Full Name: Kumar, Aakash -- This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA (v7.2.9#72011)

2 comments

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2017

Dear Akash,

It seems your user is stored in an LDAP? Is that correct? Or is the user a non-LDAP? If it is a non-LDAP user;

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Restting-user-s-password/qaq-p/143821

Friendly Regards,

Jeremy

hi Jeremy,

yes my user is stored in LDAP. how i can resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Aakash

Jeremy M
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2017

Dear Aakash Kumar,

If you are retrieving all of your users from an LDAP directory, and the LDAP directory is on ''Read Only'' you will not be able to change the password of that user from within JIRA. You will have to contact your LDAP adminsitrators to change the password for you, if you do not have acces to that.

Hi Jeremy,

yes, my id is in LDAP. how i can resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Aakash

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events