Approval issue

sandeep kute August 7, 2017

I need urgent help.

We have created workflow where we would like to Approer to Approve or Decline the issue.  I have created Custom Field SLM Approval & added to newly created Screen. When we add users or specific Manager to approve ,those users cant see the TRansation Links on Customer Portal.

We dont want to use Worflow Applval Option i.e. Add to Approval check box.

Please advice on earliest..

1 comment

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

@sandeep kute, not sure I am following you question. It sounds like you want the portal to be used for approval process? I don't use approvals much but where I do the way it works is that the approvers get an email that allows them to approve/decline. Is this behavior not desired? I assume that your workflow is setup with the approve/decking transitions out of the desired 'to be approved' status. If you want to add a transition link to the portal you do that in the workflow editor - select the transition and you should see the option to do so. Again, not sure I'm following your issue/goal so the above may not help.

sandeep kute August 8, 2017

Thanks Jack.

Yes. I have selcted option to show Transaction on Customer Portal But it doesnt appear there. But when in Workflow Transition, i  check Add Approval  & configure it , it does aoppear there but i dont want that way as it wont allow user to put comment when Approve or Declined buttons clicked on screen.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2017

So in the workflow editor you have checked the box shown below and if desire configured the resolution but when you go to the portal you do not see the link to approve? Where exactly are you looking for the link? It should appear on the screen for that specific issue. Can you provide some screen shots of what you have done and see on portal? Note - you mention adding a comment. There wont be a screen for the approver to do that when they click the approve/decline in the portal. they could manually add a comment. Also, how will the approver know to go to the portal to approve/decline an issue? Unless they are the reporter or assignee it won't be in their requests.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events