how to integrate clarity ppm with a jira in cloud instance

sudhakar reddy May 1, 2016

Anyone please provide me steps to integrate JIRA with calrity ppm.

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2016

Here you have some insights that might help you:

• The most desirable way of integration would make use of Atlassian Connect.
    That way, your work could potentially become a new addon for JIRA Cloud that could be commercialized through the Atlassian Marketplace and be preinstalled on all JIRA Cloud instances over the world, opening a new source of income.
  • Alternatively, you can just have an external app. If so, its preferable authentication way is through the OAuth protocol (how-to set it).
    Otherwise, you can create a specific JIRA account for your external app to have basic authentication access.
  • The way of interacting with JIRA is through REST API calls, both for the Atlassian Connect and the external app approaches.

Hope this helps.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

Start by defining what you mean by "integrate" - what do you actually want it to do?

Then, you'll be able to work out which one of Ignacio's solutions is best for you.

prabhukumar April 25, 2017

i want to integrate the clarity with Jira cloud versions  & i want to view all the projects & time sheet logged in clarity  through Jira & vice versa 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

Mmm, you're not going to have a lot of fun with that - Clarity timesheets generally don't match with JIRA's time logging unless you have built a complete integration where Clarity is using JIRA issues as references for tasks.  If you've got to that level of integration, then you're actually in a place where you should bin Clarity.

Suggest an answer