Unable to share dashboard

Marissa Davis January 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Configuring dashboards

What if a user is unable to share his dashboard?  On the "Edit and Share" screen of the dashboard, only the fields name, description and favorite show up.  On the dashboard screen itself, when he clicks on the Tools button in the top right corner, there is no Share Dashboard option.  If he searches for it, it displays that he is in fact the owner of the dashboard, so what needs to be done to allow him to share it?

8 answers

3 votes
Felipe Rodrigues February 8, 2019

Just to leave the answer for anyone have the same issue, but for me what fixed it was to turn off my Ad-Blocker (I have both Adblock and AdBlock Plus) for my Jira page.

For some reason the ad-blockers are flagging the Share element as Ads.

Alfonso Balsera April 28, 2019

Thank you very much! This is solved it!

But as they mentioned above, make sure you are in a group that has the ability to share dashboards. 

Ain Indermitte November 28, 2019

That did it for me, thank you so much!

2 votes
Mark Tolfts February 29, 2016

Check the user is assigned to the Create Shared Objects Global Permission in the admin section.

1 vote
John Pfotzer January 14, 2016

Manivannan, then make a new group. Called Dashboard group or something simple. Set the dashboard ownership to that group. then anyone in the group will have permission to edit the dashboard. The rule is: only the dashboard owner can edit a dashboard, so if you make a group the owner then those in the group can edit it. We have a JIRA admin group, is if the admin leaves the company, the next admin just joins the group and away we go.

0 votes
Ta Minh Thuy August 9, 2017

Hello,

How can I create a group of dashboard owner as you recommended?

I tried to add a group email but it didnt show up any drop-down list to choose.

0 votes
Marissa Davis January 14, 2016

What if you aren't a system admin?  It's odd that this is only happening for this one user with his personal dashboard.

0 votes
manivannan thiruvadanthai January 14, 2016

thank you John.  i was able to do that - make it public.

I am more interested in  sharing the dashboard itself for one of my team mates to edit it etc as a back up for me.  Looks like that functionality is not available.  Only view share functionality seems to be available.

0 votes
John Pfotzer January 14, 2016

Here is a thought: try this: go to system admin site, go to dashboard, you reassign it to you. then see if you can "share or make it public" if not you have a glitch in your version.

welcome

John

0 votes
manivannan thiruvadanthai January 14, 2016

I have the same need. Can some one answer whether a dashboard can be shared?

Suggest an answer