About Upgrade JIRA Core to Software Or Service Desk

Mehmet Korkut Köse October 13, 2015

Hi everyone,

Let's say, right now, i'm using JIRA Core. However, one day i decided to upgrade my JIRA Core to SW or SD. I can do that easily inside the JIRA, since they became an application with the release of JIRA 7.

However, i only have JIRA Core license. Do i need to buy another JIRA SD or SW license? Let's say we're using 50 users license which has price $2,200. On the other hand, JIRA SW 50 users license has price $3,300.

Do i need to pay $5,500 for licensing? Moreover, what would happen if i decide to use JIRA SW + SD together?

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
jminoza October 14, 2015

Hi Mehmet,

JIRA Core, JIRA Sofware and JIRA Service desks are separate applications you can enable or use with JIRA version 7.0. To upgrade to another product, you will need to purchase for example JIRA Software separately and enable that in your instance.

JIRA Software and JIRA Service desk already has access to enable JIRA Core as well. So if for example you need 50 JIRA Core licenses and you have 100 JIRA Software licenses, then you have the capability to allocate it even if you only have JIRA Software loaded in your instance.

And if you combine JIRA Softare and JIRA Service Desk, you will have access to share software projects to your agents. All you need to do is to define the users and permissions in the user management module.

To read more about this, please proceed to our Migration Hub found at https://confluence.atlassian.com/migration/jira-7/server_jira+agile+jsd_license-changes

You may also find our full upgrade and purchase price on the same page. For further licensing inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us at sales@atlassian.com

Mehmet Korkut Köse October 15, 2015

Thank you for your detailed answer Jonas. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events