Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials

usr_fsj_002@starbucks.co.jp March 18, 2018

I have requested a recovery link numerous times but it doesn't work. I simply get the above message when attempting to log in. I only just signed up, so is there perhaps some sort of waiting period before my account will be successful?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 19, 2018

Hi there,

Can you confirm with me what product you're referring to and where you generated the recovery link?

Thank you,

Shannon

usr_fsj_002@starbucks.co.jp March 19, 2018

Thanks for your mail. I believe it's Jira and Confluence that I need. I received an e-mail from Atlassian <noreply@mail.notifications.atlassian.com> stating that "Nancy Stephan has invited you to Jira". I clicked on the Join Them Now link and created an account. Then, I tried to login using the "Already have an account?" link. After it tells me "Something went wrong while attempting to validate your credentials" I click the "Can't log in?" link and then "Send recovery link" button.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2018

Thank you!

Could you confirm what browser and version you're using? If you're using IE could you test it in another browser, such as Chrome or Firefox?

Shannon

thais
Atlassian Team
March 20, 2018

Hi there,

We would need some further information of your account in order to troubleshoot. Because of that, I'll kindly ask you to raise a ticket with us at Support: https://support.atlassian.com/contact.

Thanks!

Like lauren likes this
usr_fsj_002@starbucks.co.jp March 21, 2018

Hi, turns out it was just a browser issue. My company prefers we default to Internet Explorer and silly me didn't even think to try a different browser. It works in Edge so far, so I guess we can consider this closed. Thanks for your prompt attention. Much appreciated.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2018

Hi there,

Was the issue with Internet Explorer 11? There's a known issue with that, which is why I was asking earlier about which browser you were using. :) 

Please confirm!

Regards,

Shannon

usr_fsj_002@starbucks.co.jp March 22, 2018

Hi, yes it was.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2018

Thank you!

I've tried to replicate this on my own, as I've seen other users mention the same problem, but I wasn't able to. So it could have something to do with your IE settings. 

You can try in IE 11 with Compatibility View, and see if you can get around it that way, otherwise I would continue to use Edge.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events