Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I see who added a user or added them to a group?

Vicki Lea Tsang March 12, 2018

Since we are a global company in many timezones, we have several people with the rights to add users and manage user groups.

I'm trying to work out who has been approving certain user access requests. I've noticed that the Audit log shows these actions as logged by Author Jira - presumably because User Management is now its own separate application. However, theres no separate audit log for the User management application. Is there any way I can find out who in the admin group is adding / managing users?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2018

Hi Vicki,

Can you confirm if you're referring to Jira and which version exactly? I suspect you might be talking about Jira Cloud?

Regards,

Shannon

Vicki Lea Tsang March 13, 2018

Sorry about that - yes we are on the cloud version of Jira. Actually, I just got a response from the support team that this feature is not available and they have to look this up for me. Hoping they are able to implement this feature one day soon.

Thanks, Vicki

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2018

Hi Vicki,

Thank you for confirming.

Maybe they sent you this already, but here is the feature request for it:

You can feel free to vote on it and comment there with your use case if you like.

Regards,

Shannon

Vicki Lea Tsang March 14, 2018

Thanks, Shannon. Have voted!

0 votes
JP Seabury January 28, 2019

The linked article JRACLOUD-66723 is now Closed, but I'm still unclear on how to find out which user granted access to new users. Has the functionality been added?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 28, 2019

JP,

According to JRACLOUD-66723, this issue was closed as Tracked Elsewhere. I checked the linked issues, and it appears that it is a duplicate of this case, which is still open:

You can now vote on that request and watch it for any updates.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events