cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome new members! (2019-02-12)

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2019

Welcome new group members @Ben Garcia and @James Gilpin!  Thank you both for your active participation in the AUG meeting tonight.  Please take a moment to introduce yourselves.   ~~Larry Brock

2 comments

Comment

James Gilpin February 13, 2019

Howdy all! My name is James Gilpin, I have used JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye, Stash (BitBucket), and SourceTree for 4+ years.  I had the pleasure of attending the 2017 Summit and was introduced to a variety of new tools and learned some valuable information regarding why, when, and how JIRA works.  

My family and I moved to the Houston area in the fall of 2015 after a company reorganization.  In 2018 my company reorganized once again and my position was made redundant.  Fortunately, during our last user group meeting, I received word that a contract position had opened up at a company in the downtown Houston area and I expect to be starting full time in the coming weeks.

I look forward to incorporating many of the tools, tips, and tricks from the Atlassian user group into my new role.

Like # people like this
Ben Garcia
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2019

Hi everyone! My name is Ben Garcia, I'm a Jr. Tech PM and Atlassian SME at FlightAware. Been using Jira and Confluence for about 2 years, with the PM team we are always trying to find new and innovative ways to improve the user experience using Atlassian Add-Ons and listening to the teams. 

I'm originally from a small town west of San Antonio (Carrizo Springs), moved to Houston 10 years ago to work a NASA and now work at FlightAware. In my spare time love to hike, bike, and brew beer. Huge soccer fan (City!, Hala Madrid!, Go Dynamo!), and a big Astros fan.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone else uses the Atlassian products and meeting you all at future user group meetings!

Like LarryBrock likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events