Portfolio for Jira v. Jira Align

Amanda {Praecipio} August 27, 2019

Hey, y'all! 

I've been digging into Jira Align after having spent A LOT of time with Portfolio for Jira (P4J). 

Are any of you active P4J users? Likes, Dislikes? Also, what (if anything) do you hope to be able to do with Jira Align if you're too big for P4J? 

For me, I like the flexibility of P4J, but dislike the "data cleanup" associated with it. Lots of bad habits are surfaced in P4J that make it borderline unusable the first time you spin it up. However, they're generally easy to fix and retrain. 

For Jira Align, I am hoping it solves the BIG PORTFOLIO problem: rollup of data to strategic initiatives at the Enterprise level. However, not sure I like the way it handles Lean Budgets (as I understand it today). 

Thoughts? Thanks! - a

2 comments

Comment

Noah September 28, 2019

There are meaningful discussions here about the differences between Profolio and Align https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/What-is-the-difference-between-JIRA-Align-and-JIRA-Portfolio/qaq-p/1055305

Thanks for your post now I know Jira Align exists :D Will give it a try next week ;-) 

Like Veronica Kolstad likes this
Michael Arndt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2019

I use Product Plan which is a very basic road mapping software. I have mixed feelings about this.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events