cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Houston Atlassian User Group meeting

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2019

No it's not deja vu - I split this out of another post because I feel it deserves it's own. :-)

I'm working with Atlassian Community Staff to hold an Atlassian User Group meeting in the coming weeks.  The announcement will be posted here as well as the Houston AUG site.

I'm looking for suggestions on content, location, meeting type (speaker, panel, general group discussion, etc.) so please speak up here and I'll see what I can do.

Also, if you'd like to:

• help organize
  • present, lead a discussion, participate on a panel
  • host the meeting
  • sponsor or otherwise contribute

please let me know!

2 comments

Comment

Michael Arndt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2019

Sounds interesting. 

I'd like to hear and meet people who use Jira and Scrum for non-software related businesses. I operate a home and commercial service business with just general IT related projects.

Things I struggle with is getting buyin from non tech related people. Making the process simple for them and generally keeping people on track in the system.

Do you have any idea what the attendance might be like?

Ben Garcia
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2019

We're a software company and all technical teams are using Jira. Lately we've started working with Accounting, Sales, and others non Tech teams on building workflows and processes via Jira and some automation tools. It's been useful for them on coordination and keeping an eye on what is current and upcoming. Can discuss about that in the next AUG.

Like Veronica Kolstad likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2019

Hi @Michael Arndt - If the two Houston ACE (AUG) events I've been to in recent history fit the norm, the attendance will be between 10 and 20.  That could be a good number to round-table Jira for non-techies.  Thoughts?

Ben Garcia
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2019

Hey Larry!

Don't mind helping out, not sure what all is needed for the AUG, let me know!

Ben

Like # people like this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2019

Thank Ben! - I'll have Celina Zamora reach out to you with my contact info so we can communicate directly.

Like # people like this
Veronica Kolstad August 22, 2019

@LarryBrock - happy to help where I can, as well! 

Like LarryBrock likes this
LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2019

@Ben Garcia , @Veronica Kolstad , and @Luis Zapata - thank you for offering to help and look for a message soon from Celina at Atlassian.

Like Luis Zapata likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events