Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year's resolutions 2019- not another lapsed gym membership!

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2018

Now is the time of year where I typically sit back and think about my personal and professional goals for next year. Long ago I realized that it was pointless to plan to do something I really loathe like be inside a gym every day during the week. Instead I try to brainstorm things I enjoy and areas of my life that are important, and take the cross-section. Sometimes, I forgo the "things I enjoy" criteria, because life is life, but goals are much easier to achieve when they are also enjoyable too. I always knew the importance of Community for getting answers to my questions about Atlassian products, but once I started attending AUG events, I realized that there was an obvious intersection between enjoyable and things that are important. And the community online has become a fun place to hang out and get to know others (and their cute pets). This year, I'm hoping to be even more involved!

In the past I just opened up a Word document and used headings for each area of my life- Family, Health, Professional, etc.- especially in the morning with a cup of coffee, where anything feels achievable. Now, I can't help but be mystified as to why I didn't put all of this into Trello a long time ago. Each area of my life naturally fits into the list headings. Well, better late than never. I will try it out this year, and see how it goes.

Anyone else have a fun way to keep track of their goals for the year?

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events