Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why won't the HipChat windows app connect?

Melody Olson May 19, 2016

Every morning when I start my computer, I click on the HipChat app and it just spins and says "Connecting..." without ever connecting. The only work-around I've found is to re-download the Windows app, and only then will it work. However, the next morning when I come in it no longer works again. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
kevin_kerber May 19, 2016

I have this same problem every morning on Windows 7.  Are you starting your computer from being completely off or are you resuming from sleep?  If you are resuming from sleep, the application is probably still running and lost a connection while going to sleep and is poor about reconnecting.  I've found that quiting HipChat (right click icon on task bar and hit Quit) and then reload solves the issue everytime without having to re-install the application.

Melody Olson May 19, 2016

I am resuming from sleep in the morning, and I'm pretty sure I have only been closing the window and not quitting. Your explanation makes total sense, I will try this and the close out my question if it works! Thanks!

Jonathan Allen May 26, 2016

Yep, same problem here when I resume Windows 7 each morning. I've found that logging out (via clicking on the profile icon top right) and then logging back in again sorts it out.  Pretty poor user experience though isn't it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events