what if i want my integration to be effective on all the rooms and not just on a specific room ? a simple integration with the wizard .

IT Outbrain May 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Developer Documentation: Building a simple add-on using a Wizard

Ask your question here...

1 answer

1 vote
Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2016
Simple BYO Integrations (the wizard) can only be created for specific rooms (the token you get is only allowed to post to a particular room).
You could accomplish what you’re after by writing a simple integration that handles a web hook (matching e.g. ‘/your-command’).
We have a starter example that is pretty close to what you’d need: https://developer.atlassian.com/hipchat/tutorials/building-your-first-add-on-node-js
IT Outbrain May 3, 2016

Hi Anatoly, Thanks for your answer !

I followed this example but what i need is that the /command webhook will execute a remote PHP script .

when i use the hipchat.sendMessage with the url of the php script, it only shows it in the room as a message but doesn't actually run the command .

What am i missing here ? 

Anatoli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 4, 2016

Messages sent by add-ons don't trigger web hooks. If a user types in a /command it will trigger the webhook.

I am not sure why you need to send a message with /command and get it to trigger a webhook. Do you want to trigger a command from another add-on? You can probably hit that add-on directly instead of going through HipChat and then send a message to HipChat with the result. Or are you triggering something in your own add-on? In this case you can just execute the right code without it being triggered by /command. Just execute it and post a message with the result.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events