Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using hipchat, why am I getting error about an untrusted certificate for bam.nr-data.net?

Peter Heald November 11, 2016

Why might I be receiving this error? Should I accept this untrusted certificate?

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2016

By default, we don't recommend accepting any untrusted certificates. HipChat sends all of its communications over SSL with valid certificates.

It sounds like you might be on a network running through some kind of VPN or proxy server. This can sometimes happen in corporate or firewalled environments. It's possible the error is expected due to network configuration, but your best bet is to check with yourI IT administrator to ensure it's working as intended before accepting the untrusted cert. 

It's also possible someone sent a link to an image that isn't being served by a trusted host. HipChat tries to load these images into the chat by default, which might trigger the error you're seeing.

Richard Gee May 24, 2017

I have exactly the same thing, so it's very unlikely to be due to our network when I have no relationship to the original poster.

Any further answer?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events