Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user not getting password reset email

Deleted user July 10, 2019

All

Got a new starter that was set up as others on our system, when user try to reset password for the first time login, the email got stopped by our messagelab, we have since added the user to allowed list and everything else comes through apart from the mail from Atlassian, all configs have been checked and compared to others that works. any suggestion will appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 15, 2019

Hi David

I have checked where you suggested, and I can not see anything, really not sure why the mail is not coming through, as others get this mails on the same network, and the initial one was sent but subsequent never arrived, is there away to force a password reset without reset mail going out, as I am running out of ideas.

Thanks

Akeem

David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2019

Hi Akeem,

That is strange. To double check - I would tail the mail log in HipChat CLI (using tail -f /var/log/hipchat/mail.log command) then have a user reset their password. You should see an entry pop. It should look something like:

2019-07-17T18:11:02.592800-04:00 hipchat9 postfix/smtp[22972]: 59BC111262D: to=<donotreply@hipchat.com>, relay=<RELAY ADDRESS>[<IP>]:<PORT>, delay=302, delays=301/0.01/0.58/0.42, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK  1563401462 o37si16280844qtb.397 - gsmtp)

If it's a code 250, then it's been sent from HipChat to the relay and there is still something intercepting it after this point.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server/Data Center Premier Support Engineer II | Atlassian

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2019

Hi Akeem,

I would start and check your mail relay settings in the https://FQDN/server_admin/email and verify if they are correct (requires an admin level account to view).

If that checks out, login to the HipChat Server CLI and check the mail queue by running the {{mailq}} command. Are there any emails queued up for delivery? If so, there should be an error message associated with each of the entries to help troubleshoot why they aren't being sent.

If there aren't any emails in the {{mailq}}, check the mail log at /var/log/hipchat/mail.log and see if email has been sent out. If everything checks out here, then the email is making it's way out of the server and the problem likely resides elsewhere.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server/Data Center Premier Support Engineer II | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events