update jira issues from hipchat

JeremiasWolff April 4, 2017

Hej there,

i'm looking for a working way to comment an issue directly from hipchat.

is there any know way and how can i use it?

cheers, jeremias

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2017

Original creator of HipChat 2 Issue here!... Hipchat2Issue was created for the last Codegeist competition I participated in (rant: a competition which was a waste of time and energy since the winners were known in advance).

Getting back to your problem, sorry for the inconvenience, I will explain it in short: Last year, Kepler-Rominfo has been acquired by Alten Group. This group wanted to consolidate Atlassian business inside the group and as a consequence, all our plugins were transferred to cPrime, an older member of the group.

The takeover will take some time and right now, on my Kepler side, I was ordered to shut down Hipchat2Issue, which I did (it was unused at the time). Decision to be put online is not in my hands anymore.

Have fun,

Radu

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2017

There re a bunch of add-ons in Marketplace, but many of them (and the built-in JIRA feature) update the reverse way - from JIRA to HipChat.

Here's one that goes from HipChat to JIRA:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.plugins.hipchat.hipchatissue/cloud/overview

JeremiasWolff April 5, 2017

Hej,

ah -  thanks. looks great, but i can't install this plugin:

Failed to install addon: Operation timed out after 5000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

this happens, if i click the 'add integration' button.

our jira server is hosted, the hipchat server is in the cloud.

Nick Turskyi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2017

Hi Jeremias,

This error message means that HipChat was not able to connect to the addon.

As it's a 3rd party integration, I would recommend contacting their support.

Regards,

Nick

Valerie Fernandes August 21, 2017

the link is unavailable. is there any other way a certain piece of text in hipchat can be used to update Jira? Atleast "Create Issue" to start off?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events