ssl error

Ozan Özfirat April 3, 2018

I use hipchat4 application in ubuntu. When I run the application, app asks this. Also, it always asks this question almost every hour. How can I solve this problem?

2018-04-03 21-09-32 ekran görüntüsü.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi, Ozan.

Can you please confirm which Linux client version you are running on? I connected to my HipChat Cloud account using 4.30.3.1670 on Ubuntu 16.04 to reproduce this problem but did not run into this issue so far. 

A new server was recently added on HipChat Cloud side. The URL is likeabosh.hipchat.com and some users are still being requested to trust this certificate manually. If you are being prompted by this pop up, you can trust the certificate and be able continue to use the application normally.

Ozan Özfirat April 4, 2018

Thank you for reply,

I use Ubuntu 17.10 and GNOME 3.26.2. After I click yes, app runs normally but app asks this question every hour.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hey, Ozan.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll try to reproduce it on my end and let you know how it goes.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2018

Hi, Ozan.

I have deployed a brand new 17.10 on my end but I did not encounter the issue so far. Is this your first time running HipChat on this machine?

Additionally, please provide the output of the command below so I can compare the list of certificates that you have with mine.

As a temporary workaround, I would suggest you to use the web client if the pop up is causing inconvenience to you.

Ozan Özfirat April 5, 2018

Ok, Thank you.

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2018

Hi, Ozan.

You are most welcome. If you would like to dig deeper into this case, feel free to raise a ticket to the support team and they will be happy to help. https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events