"Get Started" button is not enabled after Hipchat got upgraded

image2015-12-2 17:54:59.png

Not able to login to HipChat, please suggest 

9 answers

For me:

1. Upgrade installer kept hanging at 75% (could be my connection). 
  2. I downloaded the installer from the website.
  3. Install completed - getting started screen shows. 
  • HipChat Account: Get Started doesn't do anything. 
  • HipChat Team Server: Get Started goes to "enter address" screen.

I am on Windows 10.

If <get started> doesn't do anything, the Client can't connect to the Hipchat-Server. This may be caused by your proxyserver or Firewall.

We recommend that you downgrade to the previous version while we work on this issue. You can download the previous version of HipChat for Windows using the link below, please share it with any colleagues who may be affected by this as well.

If you have any issues reverting back to the previous version please let us know as we're here to help.

Having same issue and cant access previous version on the downloads page only the latest one

I can confirm the same issue, and I also cannot find any previous version on the download page.

I'm running Win8.1 with latest updates, and after a recently failed Win10 upgrade.

I'm having the same issue, and I'm behind a company proxy & firewall.

Thing is, as HipChat is not started, I have no way to configure its proxy settings... Are the configuration files plain text that can be edited without going through the app ? 

older version of hipchat https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.hipchat.com/windows/HipChat-2.2.1395-win32.msi

its works for me 

1. uninstall newly updated HipChat and install the above version 

Hello All,

Thanks @Nagendra Kumar for supplying the download link for a recent older version of the HipChat Windows client. I just wanted to chime in with a slightly newer version that we are recommending.

HipChat Windows 2.2.1397

HipChat Support

any updates on a fix to the update for this? currently running 2.2.1397 but be nice to be able to upgrade

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

467 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot