Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Failed to create the Hipchat schema." error while setting up HipChat Data Center

Chuck Bishop February 20, 2018

I am trying to setup Hipchat Data Center.  The OVA has been deployed successfully, and I've installed PostgreSQL 9.5 on another RHEL 7 server following the instructions found on https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/how-to-set-up-a-basic-postgresql-database-for-hipchat-data-center-939920908.html, including granting the following db accesses per the documentation:

# create hipchat_postgres database
sudo -u postgres psql postgres -c "CREATE DATABASE hipchat_postgres"

# create dedicated user, set $PASSWORD (replace the variable with the desired password)
sudo -u postgres psql postgres -c "CREATE USER hipchat_user"
sudo -u postgres psql postgres -c "ALTER USER hipchat_user PASSWORD '$PASSWORD';"

# give hipchat_user access to database
sudo -u postgres psql postgres -c "ALTER ROLE hipchat_user WITH LOGIN;"
sudo -u postgres psql postgres -c "GRANT ALL ON DATABASE hipchat_postgres TO hipchat_user;"

When I enter the PostgreSQL configuration information on the new "Set up HipChat Data Center" page, I continue to receive the error "Failed to create the Hipchat schema."  The "hipchat_user" should have full permissions to the "hipchat_postgres" db. 

The 5432 port is open and the Hipchat VM has access to the PostgreSQL system.  What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Chuck Bishop February 20, 2018

Disregard...it turns out that the password was the problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events