iPhone remember login credentials

How can I get my iPhone app to remember my login credentials?  I don't use an app to store passwords on my iPhone and I can't always remember them......on my desktop I have them stored in an app, and although I would LOVE for my HipChat desktop to also remember my login credentials (sadly it does not) at least I can very easily retrieve them in a few clicks and login......but on my iPhone it's a real problem if I get logged out as I then can't get back in until I get to my office and lookup my password.......

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi @Trisha Miller - After entering your password one, the iOS app should automatically keep you logged in until you manually log out. If that's not happening, please let us know by going to https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/32

Incidentally, we do provide an integration with 1Password, if you use that as your password manager (a small icon should show up on the login screen that lets you automatically pull in your credentials from their secure app). Also, many other password managers support syncing credentials via shared storage services like iCloud or Dropbox, which would let you store and copy your password directly from your phone.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply, it does indeed keep me logged in for a time, but I occasionally find myself logged out....not sure what causes it, I never recall actually manually logging out......but I will look at 1Password, it has been on my to-do list for some time to find another password keeper, I love the one I use on my desktop and have used it for many, many years but it is not smartphone compatible.

Andy Drizen Atlassian Team Aug 28, 2017

The latest verison of JIRA iOS contains improvements to the login flow. It will keep you logged in forever (as long as you log in once every 30 days). Also it no longer requires you to put your site name in - just your username and password.

If you still have problems staying logged in, please contact us jira-mobile@atlassian.com

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the update.....I'm glad to hear that! HipChat is a great product and I love the near-constant improvements that make it even more lovable.

My primary interest though is in having the Apps (both desktop and mobile) retain the login credentials, or in the case of the mobile app, make use of the Touch ID, so that I don't have to hunt for my login credentials on those occasions when I find myself logged out....nearly all of my other mobile apps use Touch ID to log me in, it's a small feature but one I find priceless.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

416 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you