iPhone notifications

We have 4 phones 2 Android + 2 iOS with 4 HipChat cloud accounts.

In Android the APP notify all activity.
But in iOS only notify if the message mention you, but not the room messages.

I checked "Setting per-room notifications"
https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchat/get-and-set-notifications-744328124.html

Is ok and looks an APP issue.

Some help with that?

Thank you,

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Ann Worley Atlassian Team May 31, 2017

You are right, there is a difference between the way it works on Android versus IOS:

HipChat iOS: Notify user for every message sent to room

For now, I can only ask you to vote for the improvement request. :)

Thanks for reply Ann.

I tried to vote, but the landing page said:
The issue you're trying to view can't be displayed.
It may have been deleted or you don't have permission to view it right now.

Ann Worley Atlassian Team Jun 01, 2017

I am so sorry I linked an internal bug on a public forum, and wasted your time. The HipChat folks pointed me to to this one instead:

New message notification on IOS

Amy Watson I'm New Here Wednesday

First of all, when you are present in a room then click  top button.

Now, select one of the notification settings like “All messages” in which it notifies you every time that in the room someone sends a messages

“Mentions” option is default, in which it notifies you when someone mentions @AlL, @here, or you in the room.

“Only mentions of you” means in which it notifies you only when someone tag you directly in the room

On the above settings only for the rooms you have applied.

Once, I didn’t resolve iPhone is disabled issue when I was trying to connect with iTunes then I got Apple Customer Service Number and resolve this issue easily.

Amy Watson I'm New Here Wednesday

First of all, when you are present in a room then click  top button.

Now, select one of the notification settings like “All messages” in which it notifies you every time that in the room someone sends a messages

“Mentions” option is default, in which it notifies you when someone mentions @AlL, @here, or you in the room.

“Only mentions of you” means in which it notifies you only when someone tag you directly in the room

On the above settings only for the rooms you have applied.

Once, I didn’t resolve iPhone is disabled issue when I was trying to connect with iTunes then I got Apple Customer Service Number and resolve this issue easily.

Please tell me Why is my iPhone not notifying me when I get text messages? I face this issue from a very long time, Even I visit https://www.applemacsupportnumbers.com/apple-customer-support/  this site also but not get any solution.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

411 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you