IT Operations June 15, 2015

i am not able lo gin

hip chat app its working only in web

1 answer

0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Hi! If I understand you correctly, you are unable to login from the desktop client? But with the same credential you can login to the web client? Could you recall the last changes made before it happened? Are you using Mac, Windows or Linux desktop client?

If you're on Mac client, the latest version now connects via XMPP port 5223 in addition to port 5222. Can you check and verify that both ports are open on your network firewall? You can also run the following from your machine:

telnet chat-main.hipchat.com 5222
telnet chat-main.hipchat.com 5223

If the connection fails, you will see a message like “Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused” or “Could not open connection to the host on port: 5222”. You should make sure your firewall allows access to ports 80, 443, 5222 and 5223 on *.hipchat.com. (You may have to consult a network administrator for this step. If you use an IP-based firewall,  please see here.)

John Sumsion June 22, 2015

I and my whole team have been unable to connect using the latest Mac client update since around 9 Jun. 2015. Currently, I get the error "Timed out while trying to connect". However, I have confirmed that the above telnet commands both succeed. Any other ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events