Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get status to save

Terry December 14, 2015

I am using the HipChat desktop app with Windows 7 on a paid account. I set my status to 'Away' when I go to lunch. When I return from lunch, my status has changed to 'Available'. I need it to stay where I set it until I change it.

I cannot find any way to set it so that it stays until I change it to available. This is a serious problem for many users. 

Also, when I log into HipChat.com with a web browser to try to find answers, EVERY TIME I check the box to keep me logged in and EVERY TIME I return to Hipchat.com, I have to log in again. This is the ONLY program that this happens with, so I know it's not something with my computer.

It is also ridiculous to me that you have to have one log in for the HipChat desktop app, a different log in for Jira, and still another login in order to ask a question/get support.

I am on my company's advisory board and am actively campaigning to get them to switch to a different chat system. The above are the main reasons.

3 answers

1 vote
Sabrina
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2015

Hello Terry. It sounds like you might be running into a known issue that we're tracking in the following bug report: HCPUB-9. Can you please take a look to see if that matches the problem you're running into? If so, please be sure to vote for, comment on, and/or watch that bug to be kept up to date on its progress.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

I'm not certain this is the same bug if we're referring to the user's status, set in the profile area as Here, Away, or DND.

Sabrina
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2015

Yes, it looks like that's a different issue that we're working on.

Jason Sherrill January 21, 2016

I've experienced this with the latest HipChat Windows client (as of 1/21/16). The issue is that if you set your status on the desktop to Away, but then open HipChat on your phone (iOS app, in my case), it sets your status back to Available.

0 votes
Terry December 15, 2015

Ok Einstein - how exactly do you do that? I don't have time to search such a 'user-unfriendly' site for help. I clicked Help and got 'About Confluence'. I clicked ask a question and entered my comment. So, here's a question: HOW DO I GET HIPCHAT TO SAVE MY AWAY STATUS UNTIL I SET IT BACK TO AVAILABLE???

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2015

This is a user forum. This feedback would be best suited to be sent to Atlassian since there is no discernible question being asked.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events