Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hipchat won't start. Win 10

thomas wilkinson September 27, 2016

Since my computer updated windows 10, program starts to open then locks up.  Have to force close.  It's happened before, it was a network issue on my end and I had some other issues related to the network issue. I deleted a networked drive and it fixed my network issues and magically fixed hipchat.  Don't know what other info will be relevant.  Windows 10, wired (not WiFi), added Hipchat exception to firewall, no secondary non-MS virus protection.

image2016-9-27 13:31:33.png

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2016

It looks like a resource file may have gotten corrupted during the installation of HipChat (or during the upgrade to Windows 10). I would try uninstalling and reinstalling the application to see if that fixes the issue. If it continues to happen, please contact support by going to https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/32

thomas wilkinson September 27, 2016

I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times.  Is there an artifact in the registry that would keep the new install from working?

crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2016

I don't know of any registry entries that would prevent installation of the latest app. If it continues to be an issue, contacting the support team will let us get your device-specific info that we can use to help diagnose the problem 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events