hipchat video ios

michael-odell October 21, 2016

Is HipChat supposed to support video chat on iOS?  In the HipChat client, it looks like I should be able to join a video chat, but it just drops me in a web browser with a bar that says "Your browser does not support WebRTC".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2016

As part of our recent update to provide a more stable video experience as well as add new features like group video chat, we have temporarily disabled video on our mobile apps. You can view more details at https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatkb/changes-to-hipchat-video-on-mobile-devices-829071858.html

The latest version of the iOS app should properly remove the video icon from the in-app UI. If that's not the case, please let us know at support@hipchat.com. We'll make sure the next update behaves properly.

michael-odell October 21, 2016

It's true – I don't see a video icon.  I do still see team-member video chat links whey they're posted, but I can avoid those.

Actually the reason I got here is that I can't get the HipChat native mac client to do video chat at all.  From cross checking with other teammates I think this is because I'm running macOS Sierra perhaps.  But I found that I can run using the webapp on Google Chrome.  Hopefully that fix will come soon, too.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events