Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hipchat server removing commercial license

Jesse Callejas March 7, 2016

I'm currently building a HipChat test server and I want to install the evaluation license that Atlassian offers, however my HipChat test server is an image of my production server and it has installed the commercial license.

Do I have to remove the commercial license prior to installing an evaluation license. Do I even need to?

I'm building the test server because I want to upgrade my production server from version 1.2.5 to 1.3.7, and I want to first test the upgrade and then reproduce the upgrade in my production server.

Thanks for all you help, for little that it might seem.

Jesse Callejas

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2016

Hi Jesse,

No, you do not need to remove the old license, just install the new license and you'll be good to go. You can do this either via the command line: hipchat license --import=LICENSEFILE or via the web UI: HipChat UI -> Server Admin -> License.

Also, make sure that there won't be a hostname/domain/IP conflict with the old HipChat Server whenever you stand up your new one (assuming they are on the same network). Since you're cloning instances, what you can do is shut down the old HipChat Server instance first, start up the 'new' instance, change the hostname/domain/IP (make sure it's different) then boot the old HipChat Server back up and you should be good.

Hope this helps. If you have problems, please reach out to our support team: server-support@hipchat.com and we can assist.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

0 votes
Jesse Callejas March 9, 2016

Thank you very much David. Your answer is right on target!

Cheers

Jesse

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events