hipchat rooms disappeared

one of our users stated that all of his rooms, including the private ones, disappeared. I seem to recall some hubbub about this several months ago but can't find the thread on what causes this or how to resolve it.

it's all of his rooms on both his phone and laptop. so far we haven't heard from other users that this has happened to them.

thoughts, please?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello Antigone! 

I never heard about that but lemme try help you. The user is a admin or a common user? 

Well, you should try do this:

If he is a common user:

1. Access the HipChat
  2. Click on New Chat button at top
  3. Type a room's name
  4. Click on the room's name

If he is a admin user you can try the same steps, also you can try this:

1. Access the admin page (https://<your_domain>.hipchat.com/home)
  2. Click on Rooms 
  3. Click on one Room 
  4. Click on open web app

Even you told me there is a only user with this problem, you also looking for archived room.

Lemme know if I helped you.

@Antigone K, are you looking for something like that? Or no? 

We are having the same issue on our HipChat client as well.  It's not happening on the web interface. If anyone have a solution for the client, it will be gratefully appreciated. 

I'm also having the same issue. We are using HipChat server. Rooms disappear in the windows desktop app. If I search for them they do not appear in the results. If I go to the web app they appear.

This issue may be helpful for some of you. Clearing the cache on the client seems to do the trick.

Specific rooms are not appearing in HipChat desktop client

see  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-1268   for report problem . 

last post I saw   for it  was  "04/Oct/2016 11:56 AM 

We've identified the root cause of this issue and will have a fix in an upcoming release." 

suggest read details  to be sure its the same issue

I'm getting reports of this from my users as well. When they log into their HipChat app (both PC & Mac) they are reporting most of their rooms and 1-1 chats are not listed in the left hand pane. Is there a specific bug that has been tied to this problem?

in the bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/HCPUB-1268 comment there are solutions.  deleting  the contents of the C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Atlassian\HipChat\   is working well  for us

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

456 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot