Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hipchat is not refreshing chat

Ed Bernal January 26, 2017

My HipChat client will sometime stop displaying new messages unless I change back and forth to another room or if I send a message myself. Is there a keyboard shortcut to refresh, like you can on the cell phone client by swiping?

4 answers

1 vote
Vic Kirkpatrick May 22, 2018

That's just hipchat. We've complained about this before repeatedly and it never gets addressed or fixed. I use it in the browser so I hit F5 to refresh the browser page to get my messages, lol. Forced to use this by my company.

1 vote
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2017

This sounds like a bug, perhaps with network dropping unexpectedly. HipChat should automatically recover from network outages without any action on your part. We haven't noticed this issue internally, but if you contact the support team at support@hipchat.com, they can help diagnose what might be going wrong and file a bug with the dev team if need be.

0 votes
mcochrane1972 August 31, 2018

Same here. Getting messages on phone app but not on PC app. If I quit then restart HipChat it refreshes.

0 votes
Jekabs Milbrets December 1, 2017

Same problem here, I just cant stand it, thinking of switching to Slack...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events