Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hipchat integration error

Ryan Partlan September 8, 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate my test HipChat instance with my test confluence instance and I'm getting an error. I've taken care of the SSL certificate so I know that cannot be the problem. Also the error is very broad and doesn't give much detail into the problem. Is there a way to turn on a debug or verbose mode so I can see what needs to be fixed for my confluence and HipChat integration?

Thanks,

Ryan

3 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2016

You should receive an error in the atlassian-confluence.log file, the Confluence Application Log. That error should give you additional information as to why the connection is not working.

I'd probably question the SSL certificate – It seems to me that something somewhere is unable to talk over SSL. 

This can happen if – 

• The applications do not trust each other's certificates
  • If you're using a "Let's Encrypt" SSL certificate (not supported by HipChat yet)
  • The SSL configuration is not set-up correctly

In the log you should have SSL errors, pathbuilding errors, or timeouts – Something should indicate what the actual problem is.

0 votes
Ryan Partlan September 9, 2016

hipchat-error.png

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find more detail. I read online that I'm supposed to look in  /var/log/hiphat/coral.log for integration errors, but I found nothing obvious in the logs.

Thanks,
Ryan

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2016

Care to share the error?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events