database connection error on virtual box

Hello out there,

I have a problem with my Hipchat Beta Server (v1.0.6 (2014.09.02.133002)) running on virtualbox. 

My problem is based on the mysql-database. The logs (as example the nginx.err.log, coral.err.log, tetra.err.log, web.err.log says the same)  says:

ERROR: Exception while trying to fetch features: SQL query failed: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)")

Do you have any ideas? 

PS: Pls excuse my english!

1 answer

Please SSH in and run "hipchat upgrade --restart" to see if that corrects the SQL service.

Still the same error :(

Hi Noel, If the same problem is encountered please hot patch by running the commands: hipchat upgrade --channel hot --upgrade hipchat upgrade --channel beta

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Published Oct 07, 2017 in Hipchat

Bringing Structure to your HipChat Instance

...have mention name FirstnameLastname. Fe.: @MaartenCautreels This certainly helps to know who is being mentioned in a conversation. Imagine your colleague sends the following message...

469 views 1 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot