Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database connection error on virtual box

Noel Schnierer September 13, 2014

Hello out there,

I have a problem with my Hipchat Beta Server (v1.0.6 (2014.09.02.133002)) running on virtualbox. 

My problem is based on the mysql-database. The logs (as example the nginx.err.log, coral.err.log, tetra.err.log, web.err.log says the same)  says:

ERROR: Exception while trying to fetch features: SQL query failed: (2002, "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)")

Do you have any ideas? 

Thanks!

PS: Pls excuse my english!

1 answer

0 votes
wdehaan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2014

Hello,

Please SSH in and run "hipchat upgrade --restart" to see if that corrects the SQL service.

Will

Noel Schnierer September 13, 2014

Still the same error :(

hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

Hi Noel, If the same problem is encountered please hot patch by running the commands: hipchat upgrade --channel hot --upgrade hipchat upgrade --channel beta

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events