connect hipchat server admin page without internet

hi

I download hipchat server latest version OVA file and import in VMware.

after start machine, I config network with using the steps mentioned in official documents (attachment 1)

when disconnet from internet and I write this IP in chrome, it not connect (attachment 2)

but when connect to internet and I write this IP in chrome, it connect (attachment 3)

I will use hipchat server in isolate network that not connect to internet and I dont know how must config hipchat server that work correctly without internet.

can you help me ?!3.PNG1.PNG2.PNG

1 answer

0 vote
David Maye Atlassian Team Jul 27, 2017

Hi Mohammad,

The version of HipChat you are running is 3.0.0 which is HipChat Data Center, not HipChat Server. 

The deployment steps for HipChat Data Center is different than what is listed in HipChat Server and requires a load balancer/reverse proxy as well as your own data store, redis cache and database:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hipchatdc3/deploy-hipchat-data-center-manually-909770912.html 

Regarding your problem, please clarify what you mean when you say you 'disconnect from the internet'. Specifically, what is disconnected? The local machine, the VM, both? If you ran the browser in incognito/private mode, same issue?

Internet connectivity is only required for integrations, push notifications, remote users and video service, the core chat service does not need to have internet connectivity to operate (assuming all end users are within the same network). 

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 19, 2018 in Hipchat

Moving from Hipchat to Stride? Here’s what you’ll love

Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out   Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...

17,418 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you