Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure mobile app to connect to hipchat server

vijaya October 2, 2015

Hi ,

I have installed my HipChat server using AMI  image in the AWS development environment.I am trying to access the hicpaht server through the mobile app.can anybody tell me the procedure for it.

a small note,the URL of the hicphat has not yet been published over the internet.hence can anybody say the intranet procedures to connect.

Regards,

Viji

3 answers

0 votes
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

Hi,

I think the confusion here is with the ports. 5222 doesn't use SSL, it uses TLS. In fact, 5223 is listed as legacy SSL but it skips SSL and goes straight to TLS handshake, so both ports are secured in transmission between Server and Client. HCS does not use SSL2/3.

The mobile clients connect almost exclusively through 5223 while the majority of the clients use 5222 to connect to Server.

If you have a load balancer or proxy in front of HC Server, then you may experience problems (proxy support not official supported yet). The most common issue is that the LB or proxy doesn't forward over TLS on 5222/5223, which is how to apps connect to the Server. 

Info on how to connect HipChat clients to the HipChat Server can be found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/hc/downloading-and-connecting-hipchat-apps-608732673.html

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

0 votes
vijayalakshmi October 6, 2015

Hi Giu,

I am aware about the system settings of the HipChat.Thanks a lot for that:)

We are using HAproxy server,hence if the mobile app has to be configured only within the organization then what is the procedure? and while using proxy is 5222 & 5223 ports are mandatory because 5222 is non-ssl and 5223 is ssl.

why should we expose a non-ssl port over internet?

Regards,

Vijayalakshmi

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2015

Hi Viji, 

Can you let me know if going through *System Settings > HipChat > Connect using "HipChat Server"* would help you through the mobile App?

Cheers, 

Giu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events