Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

colour of room bullet on startup of hipchat

Marc January 19, 2016

Hi,

if HipChat is open and someone posts a new message to the room, the room bullet turns red, until I opened the room to read the message.

If I startup HipChat client the next day (desktop client on Ubuntu), it is not red though, even if there are new messages in the rooms. I have to click through every room in order to see, if there are new messages. This is annoying. Is there a way to change that behaviour?

Thanks in advance

Marc

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

There is not. The HipChat development team is planning on fixing the behavior and making it much more consistent. There are many many suggestions on their ideas page, you can view at https://help.hipchat.com/forums/138883-suggestions-ideas

Marc January 20, 2016

Thanks for your answer Steven. Can you point me to the exact idea under your link above, so I can vote for it? The behavior of HipChat I described is really annoying and very much reduces the use of HipChat.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

They really seem keen on re-working that system. This isn't the right one to vote for, but they say in it...

Their sole mission is to make sure you never miss a message again as you move between devices or come back to your app. (We’re also looking at ways to help you catch up on conversations that have happened while you were away.)

https://help.hipchat.com/forums/138883-suggestions-ideas/suggestions/3810482-i-want-an-easy-way-to-catch-up-on-conversation-tha

Marc January 21, 2016

Thanks again, Steven. I just voted and left another comment. That's exactly the feature, we need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events