Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best image hosting for hipchat? imgur images turn blank after a minute when linked

Sy October 26, 2016

When I save an image to imgur, to my own personal imgur gallery, and then use the direct link to link it in my team's HipChat room, it'll show.... for about a minute. thereafter, it turns blank. It doesn't show an error, or a broken message, or collapse the post (The space for the image remains), it just goes blank.
I'm assuming something to do with imgur and HipChat not playing nicely is happening, maybe it doesn't like my whole team loading it at once? (there's less than 100 of us)
If there's a fix, great, if not.... what (free?) image hosting service for custom images to link in chat would be best for me to use?

1 answer

0 votes
crivers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2016

We regularly post images from imgur on our HipChat instance and haven't noticed the issue you mentioned. As far as I know, Imgur supports far more load than any single instance would cause (considering it's regularly used for posting images to Reddit). Is it possible you have a setting on your imgur account that deletes the images after a certain time period, or your account is running into some other limitation?

As an alternative, you can always upload images to HipChat directly. That should avoid any blank image issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events