cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android "Not connected to server"

Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2016

I'm able to connect to our skylinetrail.hipchat.com/chat with my email and password on my Windows 7 laptop running Firefox 49.0.2.  I then installed HipChat on my Galaxy Prime android phone.  I selected "HipChat server", enter the URL: skylinetrail.hipchat.com  (i.e. no /chat) with my email address and password.  The app indicates it is "Loading HipChat..." then a dialog box pops up with "Not connected to server" and the app hangs there.

Note: If I try to include the /chat on the URL, I get an error that it is not a valid link/port.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sara Dubuque
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 14, 2016

Hi Brent, 

It looks like you're using HipChat Cloud, not HipChat Server. Try selecting the HipChat Cloud option on the first screen (the top option), then logging in with your usual username and password, and see if that works for you. 

Francisco Javier Ponce Cruz January 3, 2018

Was this actually the solution for this problem? I am having the same issue with the last version of Hipchat for Android. I don't see any button to select HipChat Cloud, and it is connecting using cloud as default. 

Is there another app or client I could use to connect to HipChat server?

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events