With Hipchat client 4.26.5.1655.0 for Windows Screen sharing functions correctly only for the full screen share

With Hipchat client 4.26.5.1655.0 for Windows Screen sharing functions correctly only for the full screen share.  If we try to share a single window in full screen mode it shows black.  If we share a smaller window it shows a blank white window.  Have you seen this elsewhere?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Dustin Henry Atlassian Team Aug 22, 2016

Hi Jim,

This is not actually behavior we've seen before.  To clarify, you're saying that you can share the entire desktop but not an individual applications window?  Would you mind opening up a support ticket for this so that we can gather more information about your setup, logs etc. and troubleshoot this a bit more? https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/32

Thanks,

Dustin Henry

Dear Dustin,

Our Company uses Hip chat and we would like to know 

• If HipChat support Video Chat with multiple persons
  • Screen sharing to multiple people ?

would be great if you cold answer me p

Hi,

I can actually answer that.  My original issue was fixed in v.4.27 and functions well now.

Video chat is available with multiple persons as well as screen sharing. Version 4.28 functions with all of these features.

Dustin Henry Atlassian Team Nov 30, 2016

Hi Muqtar, as 6kites says above, HipChat Plus does support group video calls with up to 20 participants at a time and a users screen can be shared to all of them.  If you'd like to sign up for plus you can start a free 30-day trial here : https://www.hipchat.com/pricing.

Cheers,

Dustin

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 10, 2018 in Hipchat

What should I think about when migrating HipChat to Slack?

...from the beginning. We have built up a lot of content in HipChat, with it being a core tool in our distributed company model. While it is true that we didn’t need to move to Slack immediately, we felt it...

404 views 1 10
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you